Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Worn... Ready to Lift My Eyes!

We all have a "busy" in our lives. My busy has went through the last three years in a fog of  churchwork, familywork, housework and schoolwork with scarce moments to breathe in what God truly wanted to do in me. I was called to fulfill the Great Commission (Mark 16:15) but if I leave out rest from the work God has called me to I will soon find myself worn in every aspect of my life.

As I look back at my journey into the unknown that began when I wrote the first post on my blog, I realize that I have left work consume my life to the point that I am worn and fragile. Although I enjoy the things I am involved in, I have allowed my life to become about the goal rather than to live each day in the glory of God's presence and faithfulness.

I have listened over and over to the song "Worn" by Tenth Avenue North and I can relate to these lyrics:



I am worn. I'm worn from staying up until hours past midnight, worn from trying to be everything to everyone because of my fear of losing them, and worn from taking on more than God ever intended one person to take on. Thankfully I can see the light today.

So today I am saying no to worn, no to one more obligation, no to one more expectation... I am looking up and finding my value not in the things I do for Christ but IN Christ. Ultimately, the Great Commission is about loving God, loving people, and bearing fruit... but I can't bear good fruit if the root is worn and tired.

Giving it all to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment